Volunteer for DAS VC DART
DAS VALLEY CENTER DISASTER ANIMAL RESPONSE TEAM
We need your help! DAS VC DART offers a unique opportunity for Valley Center and nearby communities to have trained
local volunteers who can work within the community emergency response network to assist with physical evacuation, animal care, communications
and organizational functions. DAS VC DART teams will be activated and respond only at the direction of the San Diego County
Department of Animal Services.
To ensure that volunteers have the skills to safely and effectively perform in a disaster, DAS VC DART has the following
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age and have a valid drivers license.
- Volunteer must live within the Valley Center
sphere of influence, including nearby communities
- An application must be completed, and applicants must agree to background
checks through the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services and the Sheriff's Department.
- Volunteers are required to complete
relevant on-line FEMA courses designed to familiarize participants with incident command and management, disaster awareness and preparedness,
community planning and animal related issues.
- Wild Land Fire Safety Training is required for all members. Fire Shelter Deployment
Training is required for field team members. This training is renewed every 24 months.
- Members must attend 6 DAS VC DART events
in any 12-month period to maintain active status.
DAS VC DART conducts monthly training, including hands-on exercises, and participates
in training opportunities offered by other disaster response organizations. Click here for Volunteer Requirements and a DAS
VC DART Application Form.
CONTACT US AT:
P.O. Box 864
Valley Center, CA 92082